What would you like to know more about Yosemite?

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What a thriller this was.  I was suprised by a birthday cake for my 66th birthday.  It was such fun and I felt loved and blessed by all my new friends from our thriller gig at the Loft.  Connie, who made the cake out of white batter and coconut frosting, also added candles, although I am certain it was not 66 candles.  I did make a wish.  And I did blow them all out.  That means I will get my wish.  If I can remember what I wished for...joke! We have put together a video and it will be on UTube very soon...perhaps under the heading...ThrillTheWorld..maybe Yosemite after.  We were all celebrating in a secret location...on the meadow.  We all contributed something to the party.  Mine was my favorite bags of chips and a cake.  I brought a cake because I did not know they were going to suprise me with the above...Connie is a fabulous cook by the way.  It was a 10 star cake.

Our friend and fellow dancer Greg Bruner took this photo.  I did not know anyone had brought a camera.  I got one of this on my camera, but it is still locked away in a memory chip.  Thanks Greg I really appreciate this sentiment.  I was wearing my pink thermals printed with tiny cute cartoon reindeer.  I do not think anyone could see the reindeer.  They look like music notes, but they are really reindeer feet.  Right now I wish I was younger and prettier.

The only present I got for my birthday was a handknit scarf that I knitted for myself because I fell in love with the soft pastel colored yarn.  My grand daughter made me a second cake with no candles and chocolate batter decorated with white frosting.

Now I have to make a bucket list, since the years are beginning to pile up on me.  Still no prospects for a husband though...OMG I do not even have a boyfriend.  But I do have a great job and it is working at DNC in YNP and they do something that no one has ever done for me...they pay us to work on our birthdays, even if we do not work!  And if we work on our birthdays we are given time and a half in pay.  Fancy that! A company birthday present...that is the coolest.

msnbc.com: Top msnbc.com headlines